Customized IT Security Training
Educating network supervisors, managers and employees makes all the difference in achieving a comprehensive security compliance posture. But all companies are not alike. Every organization pursues multiple objectives. Every employee oversees different responsibilities. So rather than use a “one size fits all” approach to security training like our competitors, our training is customized for each client’s specific business.
We believe there are three keys to developing and presenting effective training in information technology:
- The training should be customized to the needs of the attendees. The material should consider their background, how their organizations are deploying IT systems, and the challenges facing them.
- The training should be interesting and pertinent to the attendees. This is best accomplished by ensuring the training relates to real-world problems and issues instead of theoretical situations that the attendees will never encounter.
- The training should use delivery mechanisms that are appropriate for the subject matter and attendees. For some situations, small groups in a classroom setting works best. In other situations, online courses may be most effective.
“What if?” training specific to your industry, objectives, personnel roles, and functions. Foreground Security training includes detailed scenarios that speak to “real life” situations. We create “what if?” scenarios in a highly-interactive environment that are relevant for each participant. It helps that our instructors haven’t spent their entire careers teaching. They know your market because that’s where they’ve come from. Our trainers are all required to have actual experience in the industry segments for which they provide training.
Relevancy. Our approach enables us to assemble a security-awareness program that features relevant product training and executive/workforce development. We provide your technical staff with a deeper understanding of the activity on your network, and how it impacts the organization’s security posture. We bring in-depth expertise on:
- Cloud computing security
- Incident response and forensics
- Hacking and countermeasures
- Disaster recovery/continuity planning
- Malware analysis/reverse engineering
We teach how to integrate security early in the system/application development process so that you can save on costs and time, as well as develop proactive and continuously-monitored security policies. We also offer insights into how to conduct full packet analysis and threat intelligence assessments.
Foreground Security has provided training to Fortune 500 companies, small privately-held companies, and federal, state and local government agencies. Notable project include:
- Developed a complete customized security and IT curriculum for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and delivered over 350 courses during the past 15 years.
- We are McAfee / Nitro Security’s worldwide training partner. We developed and maintain their complete curriculum and deliver courses to clients worldwide.
- Developed a customized role-based training curriculum for the US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Security Operations Center (SOC) and Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) which included a customized incident handling course, customized security analyst course, and forensics courses.
- Developed a customized role-based training curriculum for NASA which included 5 different IT security courses: Advanced Intrusion Detection, Computer Forensics & Incident Handling, Advanced Hacking Methodologies, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and Advanced Malware Analysis.
- Developed a customized role-based curriculum for the United States Senate.
We know that your industry, customers and personnel are like none other in the world. Unique organizations have unique needs. That’s why they keep coming to Foreground Security for training.